Sweating it out in class is great for the endorphin high, reducing stress and sticking to your workout resolutions… not so much for your skin however, as the mix of sweat, dead skin cells and bacteria may lead to clogged pores.
If you suffer from post-workout blemishes, we’ve got five tips that can help keep your complexion clear while working on your fitness goals.
- Wear a headband. This contains your sweat locally and prevents it, and any oil from your hair care, reaching your face.
- Wash your face. Since pores open up when you sweat, washing your face beforehand can help reduce the build up to clogged pores – whether you are wearing make-up or not. Also, don’t forget to wash your face again right after working out too, especially if you can’t jump in to the shower immediately. This gets rid of any bacteria lingering in your pores. We suggest using make-up removal wipes, which are super convenient to use on the go.
- Gently blot sweaty skin with a towel. Rubbing your face can cause irritation, which can lead to breakouts as well.
- Always wear clean gym clothes. This helps prevent butt and back acne caused by bacteria in your used clothes.
- Don’t touch your face with your hands while you sweat – especially after touching gym equipment. This keeps the transfer of bacteria at bay, which not only prevents pimples but also the spread of colds.