The new year has begun, which not only means getting back to work and your routine, but also the dates of festivals and their lineups are released. If you’re a music fan looking forward to an amazing summer with loads of fun, sunshine and party vibes, here are the top go-to festivals for this summer:
- Openair St. Gallen runs from the 25. – 28. of June and has artists lined up like Twenty One Pilots, The Lumineers, Of Monsters And Men and many more
- Openair Frauenfeld is popular for amazing Hip Hop and runs 9. – 11 July. Kendrick Lamar, Sido and A$AP Rocky will be there. Also rumors have it that Yung Hurn and RIN will be there as well. So if you are into Hip Hop… check it.
- Not to be missed on this list is the Openair Zurich running from 26.-29. August. The line-up unfortunately is not up yet.
- The Gurten festival goes from 15.-18. July, and list contains the Black Eyed Peas, The Chemical Brothers or Seed amongst others.
- Street Parade is the most attended technoparade in the world, since the end of Love Parade in 2010. It is the largest annual event in Zurich boasting over 1 Million attendees. This year it falls on 8. August and on the main stages are Richie Hawtin, Joseph Capriati and Monolink.
- In case you enjoy artists like James Arthur or Rea Garvey, you are lucky because they will play their best hits at the Heitere Festival from 7. – 9. August.
- Finally, if you are more into Day Raves there will also be plenty of opportunities to go raving this summer as well! From Rakete, “The Lake” in Zurich or “Tanzkarussel” in Bern.
If festivals in Switzerland aren’t enough for you, don’t worry!
There are also loads of amazing festivals all around the globe, no matter what style of music you like. There will be something for everybody. Here are some of the biggest:
- Donauinselfest in Austria
- Tomorrowland in Belgium
- Coachella in Indio, California, USA
- Mawazine in Morocco
- Summerfest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- Woodstock in Poland
- Rock in Rio, in Rio de Janiero, Brazil
- Electric Daisy Carnival, Las Vegas, USA
- Sziget in Budapest, Hungary
- SXSW: South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, USA
- Primavera Sound in Barcelona, Spain
- Essence Music Festival, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA