The Power of Plants
By eatbyalex.com – 16 September 2022
eatbyalex.com provides weekly subscription meal plans delivered daily, as well as specialized guided programs. We are here to teach everyone about the benefits of eating whole foods and going plant-based. Our goal is to create a mindful lifestyle that is holistic, nourishing, and in sync with nature. We aim to create long-lasting change, both for our clients and the environment. Rather than advocate for a rigid, plant-based lifestyle, we encourage our community to embrace flexitarian habits. We don’t deny the benefits of eating good fish, meat, or eggs, but by incorporating more plant-based foods into your everyday diet, we’re securing our future on this planet together!
Top 2 reasons to eat more plants
Plants support the environment. Plant agriculture uses drastically less water and produces less greenhouse gas emissions than meat agriculture.
They boost your health in amazing ways. Fruits and vegetables are one of the most nutritious, versatile, and important food groups. Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of different vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, proteins, and carbohydrates. Research shows evidence that fruits and vegetables may prevent heart disease and stroke, certain cancers, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
Incorporating plants into your diet
Instead of removing anything from your plate, we are all about adding more goodness. Include a few vegetables in your pasta, throw some spinach in your smoothie, sprinkle some chia seeds and berries on your breakfast, and over time you will become more creative and try new recipes with your newfound favorite fruits and veggies. Check out eatbyalex.com for some recipe inspiration! If you treat your food as medicine, and as a proactive approach to supporting your health, you will feel even more motivated to optimize your eating.
5 tips for food sustainability
Along with eating more plants, here are some other ways to promote food sustainably
- Repurpose your food waste and food packaging- at Eat by Alex we make a broth every week using all our vegetable scraps, and we reuse our nut butter jars to hold extras like dressing.
- Compost – create a rich fertilizer for plants and reduce your food waste.
- Decrease food packaging waste – use reusable containers to store your food, properly recycle your disposable containers if they can’t be reused, and try not to purchase single use packaging.
- Buy local, seasonal, and organic food – when buying organic, you might notice the produce skin doesn’t always look “perfect”. This is just because the produce was grown naturally without synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. Don’t peel the skin off though (it is fiber rich!) instead, use a vegetable brush to scrub the skin and make it perfect for eating.
- Food sustainability also means creating eating practices that are practical for you to enjoy long term in your life! Treat every meal as nourishment and take time in your day to sit down and enjoy your meals mindfully.
At eatbyalex.com we are here to make adding delicious plant-based foods into your life easy. Order a custom weekly meal plan with eatbyalex.com, to get a taste! Use the code EATPLANTS-20 when booking a meal plan subscription until the end of October 2022 to receive CHF 20 off every week during your first month. Leave the planning and cooking to us!
5 Tips on How to Rehydrate After an Intense Workout/in Health, Power, Rides/by Anna Konopka
Welcome Alex & Natalia: New Power Coaches/in Health, Lifestyle, Power/by Anna Konopka
Spring into action: 5 tips to help you stick to your routine/in Health, Lifestyle, Power, Rides/by Anna Konopka
Your ultimate reformer workout guide – everything you need to know about the strengthening & toning workouts.