HOW A TEAM RESPONDS TO CHALLENGE IS THE TRUE TEST OF ITS STRENGTH!
Velocity has always had extremely high standards of cleanliness. With all of the news surrounding coronavirus, we want to communicate what we are doing extra to keep our client community and team safe. We may not be able to control the global spread of the virus, but we can control our attitudes and mindsets during this challenge. Positive energy, teamwork and courage have always been core to Velocity, and Velocity has always been a place where we get stronger, both physically and mentally, for the outside world.
The health of our community and team has, is and always will be a top priority at Velocity. Specific to the virus, we are following the World Health Organization and the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH), for updates and directives. We want to be even more proactive and put extra measures in place to support keeping our community healthy.
HERE’S WHAT WE ARE DOING:
1) Washing our hands according to FOHP Guidelines and avoid touching our noses, mouths and eyes
2) Not coming to the studio if we feel sick with cold or flu like symptoms, and sneezing or coughing into a tissue or our elbow
3) Refraining from handshakes and post-class high fives, and offering fist bumps or water bottle cheers-ing instead
4) Adding hand sanitizers in each studio, 1 in each locker room, 1 on the front desk, and 1 in the staff room, starting Sunday. Please use them when entering the studio
5) Front desk managers will be disinfecting bikes, hand weights, and Xformer Machines with disinfectant spray after each and every class
6) Front desk managers are wearing gloves while handling towels and shoes after classes, and/or washing hands immediately afterwards
HERE’S WHAT WE ASK YOU TO DO:
1) Wash your hands thoroughly before and after class, and use the hand sanitizer when entering the studio
2) Cough and sneeze into a paper tissue provided in various locations at the studio, or the crook of your arm
3) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
3) Stay home if you have a high temperature and/or a cough (and call the FOPH 24-hour hotline on 058 463 00 00 if symptoms worsen)
4) Avoid shaking hands and high-fiving while at Velocity – touch people with your energy instead!
5) Dispose of used paper tissues in a sealed waste bin placed throughout the studio
Studio cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us, with or without a virus threat. We work hard every day to ensure the highest level of hygiene throughout our studios. We clean our spaces, bikes and Xformers thoroughly after every class. Our whole team is aware of the strict rules and is acting accordingly. Overall, we ask for everyone’s cooperation.
We want to assure you that we’re committed to maintain a safe and healthy environment for you. Thank you for your assistance and your consideration in helping us applying these precautionary measures. As you understand, it is important we all do our best efforts to stay healthy and safe.
See you soon in the studios! Velocity strong!